Skip to main content

Tutor Shin Signing off



It has been quite a while since I wrote an update regarding my Coursehero tutor account. I am personally grateful for the platform as it gave me the opportunity to earn during the trying times of the pandemic and provided the means for me to improve my work-from-home setup. I still remember working with just my laptop sitting on a plastic chair answering questions whenever I have the opportunity. I loved the flexibility and the nature of the work where I got to select the questions that I would answer based on my expertise. It served as an avenue for focused work.

During my stint as a tutor, frustrations motivated me to study coding, especially statistics and probability problems that get asked quite often with just different givens. This prompted me to enroll in a Udemy Course entitled, "R Programming for Statistics and Data Science". Using this knowledge, I was now able to answer questions in Statistics and Probability that require R as a programming language. 

Then, I studied Python programming on YouTube. Thankfully, I was able to make use of what I have learned and created several Python programs related to Statistics and Probability to automate solving problems in a step-by-step manner. I was able to easily adapt to Python because it is very similar to the programming language that I used during my undergraduate thesis which is Microsoft Visual Basic Express edition. Here is a list of all the problems that could be solved using my created programs.

Most of the statistical analyses that had data sets given were solved utilizing Statistical Package for the Social Sciences (SPSS) software and Microsoft Excel. All in all, I was able to answer, 2110 questions in my 9 months of being active on the platform.


This is the reason why I would like to build upon what I started as a tutor in Coursehero. My knowledge of Mathematics and Statistics, combined with programming and communications skills would be of benefit moving forward. There is still a lot to learn but as one of my favorite quotes from a movie states, "Al izz well".

Comments