Skip to main content

SQL Journey: Blog #15

I am now on SQL Advanced queries and the lesson focused on temp tables. As the name suggests, temp tables allow us to create tables outside of the database which is stored somewhere in memory.

What I find interesting about this lesson is the fact that we can extract a table from our database and store it on our temp table for FASTER data manipulation and analysis LOCALLY. I could imagine a scenario wherein I am working from home and I am told to work on a specific table on the database that is situated miles away but can be accessed using the internet. Now, instead of wasting internet resources every time I get data and execute SQL queries to and from the database, I can now extract the tables I need from the database, work on it it locally and then be able to report the needed insights and visualizations.

Comments